Please CLICK HERE to sign up for email updates from Emtnester.

emtnester

Sunday, December 18, 2011

I Pulled A Muscle Running Errands

I am more than a little embarrassed to share with you this very sad and very true story...........

I pulled a muscle while running errands in my car!

The Facts:
  • I spent three hours driving from store to store, running errands. Dropping pants off to be altered at the tailors, picking up beautiful wrapping paper from my favorite paper store in old town Scottsdale, searching for the perfect gold/cream-colored poinsettias for the front entry pots and finishing with a stop at the grocery store for fresh fish and vegetables for dinner.
  • I exercise every day.......hour-long early morning walk with Wrigley and friends plus I go to the Village Club and workout at least three times a week.
  • I despise running errands and always have, but I also like supporting local shops and feel the need to touch and feel items myself.  
  So, one minute I am a busy little bee, hopping out of my car in rapid fashion and the next minute, I cannot maneuver the car door and my legs at the same time!  Is this one of those "special empty nest moments?!"   I refuse to accept it!  So, the next day, I head out for more shopping, a run to the hardware store and back to the grocery store.  Only this time, I can hardly move.  Flinging the first leg out was so hard. I am pretty sure people around me heard the grunts coming out of my mouth.    And while I am not much of a swearer, my vocabulary choices were guttural at best.

Well, I am here to tell you that while Congress is studying whether a ban on all telephone use in the car because of it's inherent dangers, they should also research the dangers of running errands!  Maybe a ban of running errands is just as valid...... 


Now, here's the part where YOU come in.......Tell me I am not alone: please tell me that you have done something like this before.  I beg of you to share your stories of pulling your muscles while doing mundane, everyday activities.  And if none of you have never had such a ridiculous experience in your life, will you at least appease me with a wonderful little white lie?  Thanks, I love you, too!

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Beauty Boss Agnes said...

Hi Fellow Empty nester....I HATE SHOPPING...running errands especially straight from work is the pits....but I do it also. and living in NY, that means finding a parking spot....wish I could just order on line and get it delivered....following through UBC...

January 5, 2012 at 4:33 PM  
Anonymous Ms. Kathleen said...

So sorry you hurt yourself. I love the photo - so serene. Heal quickly!

January 16, 2012 at 5:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Excellent way of describing, and pleasant article to obtain facts concerning my presentation subject matter, which i am going to
deliver in institution of higher education.

Feel free to surf to my web site Deer Antler Spray

August 28, 2013 at 7:38 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home