Please CLICK HERE to sign up for email updates from Emtnester.

emtnester

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

As The World Turns: Doggy Style

You are in luck, because I speak dog and I am fluent in golden retriever, I will be able to interpret this Wordless Wednesday story for you today..........................I am also participating in the daily posting for the Ultimate Blog Challenge:

 The storyline is an all-time classic, two best friends living life to the fullest.....with not a care in the world.  In this story, the two boys names are Wrigley and Tucker.





 Just two months apart, they play ball and take daily walks together........................

And yet, their interests differ greatly.  One lives for a tennis ball, the other.....it's all about food!



"Say, Tucker.....did your Mum bring out the Charlie Bears tonight?"

""Who the heck cares, I've got my tennis ball".

"Stop smiling like a Cheshire cat", Wrigley groans as his stomach growls.



"Whatever, dude".  Tucker steps away slightly annoyed that his best friend cannot understand his love for the sport of running after tennis balls and wearing grass on your tongue.

"Sometimes, I just don't understand old Wriggs"...Tucker mumbles as he begs his Mum to stop gabbing and throw the ball.



 All of sudden a new face appears at the evening affair.  Enter Rosebud.........

She's different...............she's a bitch!  And she likes chasing the ball.  She immediately takes to Tucker and his speed and agility has her all in a fit.

"Why, Tucker is just dreamy!" At first, Tucker finds her to be fun and rather cute.  He enjoys her affections. Her "body bumps" were fun....at first.



 But, Tucker is a serious guy and nothing could ever really get between his tennis ball playing in the evenings.  By three years old, he was rather set in his ways.

Rosie was younger and just simply would not give up.  At first, she just nibbled at his ears.  But when he ignored her she was left with no choice than to bite hard and hang on tight.

Then, one night, Tucker was AT HIS WITS END!

"Rosie girl", Tucker started out saying, "Don't take this wrong, but I am just not that into you.  I have my priorities and they are always yellow and round-shaped, of which you are neither!"

Rosebud's world was shattered.  Her heart pounded so hard she could hardly think.  Her world seemed dark and lonely as she scanned the golf course, looking for answers to her life's struggles.


                                                                                                                                                                        
Out of the corner of her eye, she notices Tucker's best friend.  He's bigger and reminds her of a rugby player.  "Why, he's dreamy!  Why didn't I notice Wrigley before?"  
She sounders over and gives him a sniff.  Wrigley is oblivious. He has watched Rosie drive Tucker crazy and is leery to her advances.  Still, she seems nice....not like his best buddy, who often smells like freshly cut grass.
 
     He ignores her in his childish ways.

"I know he sees me, why does he simply stare into space.....like some simpleton?!", Rosie says more frustrated than usual.  But Wrigley is determined his simple plan will work.  "Just keep acting like she's not standing right by you and maybe she will go away", Wrigley thinks to himself.


Finally, she gives up.

"I will never capture the attention of Wrigley unless I bathe in bacon!"

Stayed tuned for more 'As The World Turns: Doggy Style' when Rosie asks:

"Is Rocco too old for me?"

"Is this neighborhood too boring for me?"
 
and, "What's a girl like me to do????"



Labels: , , , , , ,

7 Comments:

Blogger Secret Mom Thoughts said...

They are adorable.

October 26, 2011 at 3:18 PM  
Blogger Carolina HeartStrings said...

Hahaha. This is wonderful - great dialogue and pix. What wonderful pets you have.

October 26, 2011 at 8:46 PM  
Blogger Hilary said...

I love them!

October 27, 2011 at 6:58 AM  
Blogger Jim Kipp said...

My sister in-law owns a golden. A wonderful animal.

I could use some help with marketing also.
http://kippersdailyworkout.blogspot.com/

October 27, 2011 at 9:30 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

this is absolutely hilarious and the dogs are gorgeous! They must keep you up to your eyeballs in dog food bills! I have one and she is a handful!

October 27, 2011 at 10:31 AM  
Anonymous Leslie said...

You have captured all three delightfully! I don't think Rosie stands a chance of coming between Wrigley and Tucker, but girls will always try to prevail.

October 27, 2011 at 12:43 PM  
Anonymous Meg Waite Clayton said...

Laughing at the dialog! I have a golden too. They are such great dogs. Put I do miss having my sons lying together on the floor with Frodo the wonder dog.

Meg (from SheWrites.com)

October 27, 2011 at 4:31 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home